– It’s made of olives and tumeric. Okay. It’s like, a Mediterranean dish. (soft music) ^- I’m really into makeup. ^I spend my all my money on Sephora and Ulta. ^- I wear makeup everyday. ^I like a full face. I pretty much use everything but the kitchen sink. – It’s a concern of mine, what’s going on my face, which is why I try to use higher-end makeups ’cause I assume that because they’re higher end, they’ll have better ingredients or probably won’t kill me. But that might be wrong. – I’ve never tried organic makeup, actually quite the opposite. I literally buy my makeup on Amazon most of the time. It does worry me sometimes that I don’t know what’s in it and I know my skin is the largest organ I have and it’s probably taking in a lot of chemicals. – So for organic makeup, I just always assume that they wouldn’t have anything in my foundation shade range. You know I like kind of a beat looking face, and organic feels natural. – If I pass by an organic makeup store, I feel like it’s probably, I don’t know, like a fad or something that’s super over-priced and doesn’t really do anything. Maybe I’m wrong.
(chuckling) I’m often wrong.
(chuckling) (soft music) – [Alex] Hi, I’m Alex! – Hi Alex! – Sequoia. – Hi Sequoia! – Nice to meet you.
– Nice to meet you. I’m Susie. ^I’m so glad you guys are here ^to find out more about 100% Pure. 100% Pure is exactly that. It’s skin care, and color cosmetics and hair care products that are truly 100% pure. When you read our ingredients, you’ll actually notice, oh I know this herb, I know this fruit, I know this ingredient. The only process that’s happened to the ingredient is by natural fermentation. You know when you’re using birth control, patches, or nicotine patches? All the drugs is actually like being delivered through your skin. So whatever you put on your skin, it does get absorbed into our bodies. – I feel like I’m gonna get– – I’m stressed out.
– Scared in this process. I’ve literally bought makeup on Amazon. – People love matte lipsticks right? The reason why matte lipsticks are so dry is because there’s this petro-chemical in it, like a Teflon. Teflon is the same material that’s in Gore-Tex jackets to repel water. When I used to work for these big cosmetic brands, what I do know is that they care about profits. One misconception is that organic products, they’re not gonna be as good. But in actuality they’re better because we’re not using like cheap fillers. – I guess when I saw the store, I assumed that I wouldn’t be able to find anything in my skin shade anyways. And if I did then it would have undertones that were incorrect or something. – Color tones in your range could oxidize and then it could get ashy and gray and almost make us look lavender. So it took us many, many years to get beautiful shades that are very complimentary. We’re launching these new range of foundations in about 30 colors or so in a few months. All colored from cocoa-beans, peach pigments, fruit pigments. Are you guys ready to see how amazing fruit pigments are? – Yes.
(soft upbeat music) – So after visiting 100% Pure, I have a lot to think about. – I’m happy to hear that organic makeup uses fruit pigments. – I don’t really know what fruit has sparkles, but (giggling)
they figured it out. – All right, it’s time to take off my normal look and put on organic makeup. – I’m gonna start with the luminous primer. – How do you make an organic primer? I can’t read that first thing. Oh okay, so I’m reading the french version. (laughing) – I’ll just rub it all over. My face feels really soft with this on. – But it doesn’t feel like what I was anticipating, which I’m not mad at. Now we can do foundation. – This is pretty pigmented. Like there’s a lot of color in here. – That is lighter than I was anticipating it being. – I honestly feel like I don’t even need a setting powder. It kind of just dried onto my face. – Okay so it’s blended. And it’s not, it’s not bad. – I’m gonna now go in with the concealer. – Blending, blending. It doesn’t really look like I have on makeup, which is beside the point. I’m supposed to look like I have on makeup. – I’m pretty pleased actually with the amount of coverage that this makeup has. I’m a little shocked. Now onto my eyebrows. Which, don’t exist without makeup. – This is a fiber brow builder. – It’s made out of green tea fiber, which is interesting. – So this doesn’t look bad. I think I’m just not used to this. – For some reason my left eyebrow is so much harder to put on then my right eyebrows. – For the lip. This is the part I’m mostly excited for. This lip color looks perfect. – Prickly Pear, and it’s a matte lipstick. I am obsessed with liquid matte lipsticks. – This lipstick is super moisturizing. It feels really good on my mouth. – I tend to eat a lot of my lipstick. So actually this might be good for me because it is made out of fruits. – I am gonna be surprised if I end up liking this, particularly if I end up liking it more than what I normally use. I sit here for eight hours a day, so I need it to last for at least the eight hours. And then you know, if I go to a happy hour after work or something, I need my makeup to stay on. – This looks pretty much like my everyday face. – Okay, I’m gonna go live my life with this new organic look. (soft music) – I just finished my lunch. I ate a salad. I was a little worried that my lipstick wouldn’t hold up but it actually is lookin’ pretty good. – It’s the end of the day. The makeup has held up. – How do you think my makeup looks? – It’s quite natural, actually. – Really? – Yeah. – Well guess what it’s made out of? – Uh, don’t say bugs. – This week I’m wearing makeup made out fruits. (laughing)
– Great. – So you could lick my face if you wanted. – No thank you.
(laughing) – Does my makeup look different today? ^- I don’t think so. ^I mean you always look so beautiful. ^(laughing) – Oh, oh, oh.
– Oh, oh, oh. (laughing) – No it looks good. I really don’t see anything.
– Really? Okay, okay. – So today I’m gonna try this lip caramel. Mm. It smells really nice. – Yes, build me up. I think I’m dying. Every five seconds I think I have a terminal disease and I’m dying. So this is one less thing that I think that’ll kill me, so, that’s a piece of mind that I need. – Sally is my favorite person today, because she just complimented me on my lipstick. This week I’m wearing makeup that’s 100% pure and natural. – Everything? – Yes. – I don’t think I could do that, probably not. – Would you wear organic makeup? – Yeah I would try it out. Actually I think what I’m wearing right now might be organic, I’m not sure. – Oh! Already an–
– It’s this new product I’m trying.
– Organic girl. – I didn’t end up having any time to retouch my makeup at all. So this is just how it sits after the day. – Nothing else has come from this. I feel like my skin has gotten better. – I haven’t had any breakouts or any problems. And my precious blemishes have pretty much cleared up. – The one thing I really liked and I’m gonna continue using are the eyebrows. – I’ve actually gotten a few compliments on my makeup today which I’m super stoked about. – I’m glad that I get to wear my regular makeup again. I am a lot more cautious of what I’m putting on my face now and much more aware since I know all these facts that I wish I didn’t know. – This lip color, man. Has just served me well. (soft music)
100% pure antioxidants application as/is beauty blush buzzfeed chemicals cosmetics coverage cute education eyeshadow Foundation fruit Fun gloss health lip lipstick makeup makeup lover matte matte finish Natural natural ingredients no gmo organic organic makeup people try quirky the this toxins try